Thursday, September 1, 2016

Brokenhearted


It's Poppin'

Brokenhearted by Karmin

Recommended by Michelle

"Another song that has a lot of great memories associated with my daughters and car rides to tennis tournaments."

It's funny - I have heard this song a million times, but I didn't recognize it until they sang I've been waiting alllllll dayyyyy for you to call me baaaaaabyyyyyy. I don't know what that means. Either I'm completely checked out while I listen to the radio, or this song's only shining moment is the chorus.

Now that I'm focusing on it, though, there are golden moments galore, from the rap sections to the bubbles of personality in the random cheerios - both of which are very Wannabe-esque.

I'm not adding this to any favs lists, but it's a lot of fun. It reminds me of other unbelievably catchy pop songs that are amazing for blasting on car rides, like Katy Perry's Last Friday Night (listen to the first two notes of the song) and Miley's Party in the USA.

Plus, I like this woman's voice, and it amuses me that the song is obnoxiously upbeat while bearing the title Brokenhearted.

Overview:

Genre:
Pop

Favorite Lyrics:
Business in the front, party in the back
Maybe I was wrong, was the outfit really wack?


Verdict:
Weird in a good way
It reminds me of, like, after you finally get to know someone and they start letting their true self come out. This song talks to me the way my friends would talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment