Friday, October 7, 2016

Temple


Temple Or Wonderland

Temple by Kings of Leon

Recommended by Kim

"After our talk I figured you needed to be able to name at least one more Kings of Leon song besides Use Somebody."

That's fair. Thanks. You would choose to help expand my knowledge of a band from Nashville.

Temple is a track from the sixth Kings of Leon album, Mechanical Bull, which was nominated for a Grammy in 2013. It actually peaked at #1 in Canada (x).

The title of this song is pretty clever, honestly. It makes me think of a building type of temple when I first hear the title - a structure used for religious or spiritual rituals (x) - which puts you in kind of a reverent mood.

But then you get to the chorus and realize that it's referring to the anatomical temple. The song is about taking a bullet right in the side of the head for the person you love.

Dramatic. But, like. Kinda romantic.

As far as the sound, it's a pretty standard alternative rock song. You've got steady drums, prominent but not overwhelming guitars, and a catchy melody.

Solid stuff.

Overview:

Genre:
Alt Rock

Favorite Lyrics:
I've got my hands in my pockets,
And I'm crossing my fingers
I just wanna be noticed.


Verdict:
similar to The Cure (x)

No comments:

Post a Comment