Friday, October 28, 2016

Let's Go


Happy Fall Break

Let's Go by Stuck in the Sound

"There's just something about listening to it that gets me. Maybe it sounds nostalgic to me for some reason. That, and the music video with it was very entertaining and something I really enjoyed."

I can dig this track.

It gets a little harsh for my taste when the power guitar comes in heavy every now and then, but it's nothing I can't handle. It's one of those rare songs where I actually prefer the verses over the chorus.

The ultimate is really the pre-chorus, though:

I know you would make me happy.
Girl, I found my way out...

Oh, and I live for the oooohs.

I admit I don't quite understand the lyrics. I thought it was kind of positive, maybe like...a breakup? He's kind of sad - nostalgic, even - but he finally found a way out of a relationship that wasn't healthy for him even though he liked it.

...But the folks over at Genius seem convinced that the whole thing is actually about suicide. Which, yikes.

I like the music video, too! It's a unique style, and it tells a full story. It's basically an animated short, but the music is just this one unrelated song.

Plus, gotta love outer space.

Overview:

Genre:
Indie Rock

Favorite Lyrics:
We'll never give this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment