Friday, October 28, 2016

Simple and Clean


Hikari Hikaru

Simple and Clean by Mree

Recommended by Kim C.

"I love any and all versions of this song, but thought I would switch it up with a cover :)"

Thanks, Kim. I, too, love any and all versions of this song. For nostalgia reasons but also because it's a great song and the message makes me really happy. Who doesn't want to stop overthinking things and live in the moment and fall in love?

The original version of Simple and Clean was by Utada Hikaru, and you can find it here.

But that's not entirely true. The ORIGINAL original was actually in Japanese, and it was called Hikari (well, 光 - "light"), and you can find it here (That's a bad live recording, but it was actually hard to find on YouTube). Utada recorded the song in English for the international promotion of the video game Kingdom Hearts, for which it's the official theme song.

Hopefully that explains some things for those of you who were wondering why Mree suddenly switched over to Japanese at around 2:40. (Which, like. Kudos to her for doing that.)

I'd never heard this cover before, so I'm glad you sent it to me. I like this girl's voice, and I'm impressed that she's playing her own accompaniment. Look at that guitar. Listen to that keyboard. It's a pretty arrangement all around.

Overview:

Genre:
Pop Folk, but the cover is more like. Um. Chill.
I don't know. I'm not qualified to write this blog.

Favorite Lyrics:
Whatever lies beyond this morning
is a little later on.

Verdict:
Title of song is misleading. There are many non-simple runs, if we're being honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment