Thursday, November 17, 2016

Show Me Potato Salad


Things I Need to Say

Show Me Potato Salad! by Survay Says!

"It's rare to find a Ska punk band this good anymore. They have some pretty good messages in their songs, too. Unfortunately, Survay Says! has disbanded but a few of the band members have split into another band called Keep Flying, which has a slightly different sound."

Lyrics and other good stuff here.

I'm okay with this song. I really like the message about moving forward - not sure why it's called Show Me Potato Salad, because it's more about working hard and dealing with problems.

And being a loner (by choice? Maybe, not sure).

Nothing to do with the tasty tubers.

Though the sound is a little on the rough side for my usual tastes, I don't hate it. I can sing along to the melody, and the guitars are v cool. The kazoo (?) is a questionable choice (kazoos are always questionable), but I can dig it.

Overview:

Genre:
Ska punk / Pop punk

Favorite Lyrics:
Only I can stop me.

Verdict:
rock on

No comments:

Post a Comment